Facilitate on-time delivery through proactive communication across all functional groups in the organization; accurately (manage/maintain) system variables for all phases of the work order scheduling process. Oversee the execution of the inventory management cycle counting process.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Customer satisfaction & on-time delivery. All efforts must be in pursuit of this objective.
- Responsible for accurately scheduling work orders to support customer delivery requirements based system lead time, vendor inputs and knowledge of process times.
- Required to support system maintenance for all phases of the work order scheduling process.
- Interface directly with customer service representatives to support delivery commitments for product shipment.
- Requires the ability to identify schedule risk and take action to protect customer commitments. Provide commitments to customer service representatives; when applicable produce a recovery plan.
- Work closely with customer service team to understand customer needs; must possess the ability to disseminate this information throughout the organization.
- Produce schedules for the “back-end” processes in support of for special customer specific test requirements which include but are not limited to: 3rd party coupon approval; customer source inspection; reliability testing.
- Responsible for schedule smoothing through key bottlenecks in the facility; analyze schedule to identify capacity constraints in key areas; must have the ability to identify and forecast capacity constraints in advance; interface directly with department managers to align resources and prevent capacity overload.
- Monitor exception reports to identify shortages; take action to increase WIP where needed and eliminate waste where applicable; identify risk to schedule and take action to mitigate the risk.
- Must have the ability to analyze system variables; make recommendation for system updates where applicable.
- Monitor key metrics and produce reports in support of production meetings. Proactive communication required when outcomes are not consistent with expectations. Escalate issues to management where necessary.
- Direct and regulate material movement through the manufacturing process. Directly interface with process area managers and shift leads regarding schedule requirements and priorities.
- Must be a self-starter; must have the ability to perform highly detailed work on a computer with a high level of accuracy for extended period of time; must have the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Must have a sense of urgency in driving to support on-time delivery and customer satisfaction
- Must have a high level of competency using computers; especially but not limited to Microsoft Excel
- Past experience with ERP systems is preferred
- Ability to adapt and learn new application/software systems.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and strong (written/verbal) communication skills.
- Must have the ability to effectively communicate with all departments in the organization. (Engineering; Sales)
- Must adhere to comprehend company policies, procedures, safety instructions, and other like documents used in an aerospace manufacturing environment.
- Ability to maintain personal effectiveness and tolerate stress while handling multiple priorities in a fast-paced production environment. Must be willing to work over-time if necessary.
- Ability to safely lift up to 40 lbs.
3-5 years of relevant experience.