Plating Operator, 1st shift
To perform various electroplating processes to deposit metals on printed circuit boards. Must be able to read and follow written directions on shop travelers and work instructions that are in place for each process. Must adhere to all health and safety guidelines, including requirements for keeping the area clean and organized. Required to utilize all appropriate safety equipment and to receive annual RCRA and safety training.
This is a 1st shift position with the hours of Mon - Fri 7 AM - 3:30 PM with some overtime expected.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintaining a clean work environment
- Product verification of panels processed
- Environmental regulations for proper chemical handling and storage of chemicals
- Preventive maintenance on equipment
- Check levels of chemical baths
- Operate repetitive plating and wet process machines to plate circuits onto panes, e.g., deposition process
- Manually performs or operates machines requiring setups, constant monitoring and periodic adjustments in speed, temperature and/or chemical levels
- Set appropriate speed on conveyor and run product in the most efficient manner
- The employee is responsible to follow all RCRA standards as outlined by the certification that he or she has been trained to at all times. The health and safety regulations encompass the cleanliness of the area that he or she will be working as a result
- May handle hazardous waste as outlined in departmental work instructions
- The following RCRA training is required on initial hire and on an annual basis thereafter Introduction to RCRA, Properties of Facility Waste, Waste Minimization Accumulation, Container Management, and Emergency Response Plan
- Solid knowledge of math
- Strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of chemistry and electroplating processes preferred
- Ability to work around chemicals
- Good computer skills
- Ability to perform visual inspection
- PCB manufacturing experience preferred, but not required
- Ability to produce quality work under pressure
- Able to understand and follow daily work direction and process instructions in English as received verbally or in writing from supervisor or other qualified person
- Ability to understand and follow posted procedures
- Ability to understand and follow all safety codes and requirements
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. and work in noisy environment (hearing protection provided)
- Ability to work in chemical environments
- Ability to stand on feet for 8 hours
- Meet all safety requirements for performing duties.
*Unicircuit is a drug-free facility. All candidates must be able to pass a drug test.
Education: H.S. diploma or GED required.
Experience: General manufacturing experience helpful. Previous electroplating or printed circuit board manufacturing experience preferred.
Must be eligible to work on defense and satellite programs subject to ITAR Regulations. Therefore, candidates must be U.S. Citizens or U.S. Permanent Residents ("Green Card").
Unicircuit is a VEVRAA/Federal Contractor and EEO/AA Employer, including disabled and veterans.