Quality Engineer II
The Quality Engineer II provides a wide range of Quality Engineering support to the Anaren Microwave Space & Defense business unit. This role requires a hands-on, cross-functional, problem-solving focus with an ability to work with technical product/process requirements associated with RF and Microwave components, modules, and assemblies.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Become the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the Quality requirements associated with the Anaren Microwave products as defined by customer/industry standards such as IPC-6012, IPC-6018, IPC-A-610, IPC J-STD-001, ANSI-ESD S20.20, AS9102, etc. Provide training, coaching, and direction to other functions on the above technical requirements and support decisions and problem solving with respect to these technical requirements
- Provide support for the activities required to maintain certifications/approvals for the AS9100 Quality Management System (QMS) and aerospace Customer specifications and standards. Continuously evaluate and improve the QMS processes, procedures, and documentation in support of ever-changing business strategies and customer/industry requirements and expectations
- Effectively carry-out Quality strategies and tactical activities in order to:
. Provide high quality products and compliant data items to customers within scheduled dates
. Ensure compliance to customer and industry requirements
. Develop cost effective controls/solutions to reduce costs of poor quality (rework, scrap, warranty escapes)
- Provide Quality support to the organization with respect to:
. Contract/Requirements Review and Planning
. Inspection and Test Planning
. External customer/agency audits, visits, program reviews, source inspections, etc
. Product/Process development activities
. Failure Analysis, Root Cause Corrective Action (RCCA) investigations, and Continuous improvement projects
- Track and communicate to the organization Customer Quality issues, rejections, escapes, failures, problems, audit findings, etc. and work with the appropriate functions to develop recovery plans, RCCA plans, and continuous improvement activities focused on resolving the issues and driving customer satisfaction
- Team with the Supply Chain organization to address supplier quality issues and to improve incoming material quality
- Take personal ownership of internal and external customer issues and follow through to ensure a lasting service impression of responsiveness and commitment
- Proactively identify opportunities for process improvement and cost reductions
- Maintain a willingness to challenge established ways of doing things in a constructive way
- Comply with and support company policies and programs regarding safety, security, ISO, EEO, OSHA and the Code of Ethics and Business Conduct
- Full understanding of ISO 9001 and AS9100 quality system standards is essential
- Familiarity/experience with aerospace products and processes associated with microelectronics
- Good oral and written communication skills are essential
- Strong interpersonal skills; confident and capable in various customer interaction situations
- Technical literacy, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- In depth knowledge of quality systems, policies and procedures and the ability to apply that knowledge towards the interpretation of customer requirements
- Working knowledge of statistics and statistical process control
- Diverse knowledge of inspection control methods, techniques, and standards
- Familiar with continuous improvement methodologies associated with Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma
- Demonstrated ability to lead and achieve results in a cross-functional team environment
- Able to juggle multiple tasks and make quality decisions without negative impact on others
- High level of experience with computer systems/software: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Minitab, web-based applications
- Proficient in structured problem solving and effectively leading others in root cause corrective action analysis
Education: Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial Engineering.
Experience: 5+ years of quality engineering work experience, preferably in the space and defense industry.
Must be eligible to work on defense and other programs subject to ITAR regulations; candidates must be a U.S. Citizen or a U.S. Permanent Resident (Green Card).
Anaren is a VEVRAA/Federal Contractor and EEO/AA Employer, including disabled and veterans.