We are looking to hire a Component Engineer for our expanding and fast-paced business.
- Are you an Electrical Engineer with extensive experience in the design of integrated circuits?
- Would you like to expand your expertise by interfacing with internal design engineering as well as supply base engineering to innovate new products?
- Is your professional background in the global electronics market; including fab, test packaging and distribution operations?
- Would you like to lead new supplier identification and selection activities, including structuring requirements, generation of RFQs, and analysis of suppliers’ products and/or services?
- Do you have experience with die sourcing, wafer lot selection and wafer lot qualification?
- How are your negotiation skills? Do you enjoy negotiating to ultimately achieve a win/win solution?
If so, then we need to talk. . . Apply directly and become part of the Anaren team.
The Component Engineer identifies and develops new sources of supply for non-mainstream electronic components. The ideal candidate will support new product development activity in a timely fashion by anticipating supply challenges (availability, critical performance attributes and pricing) and will proactively identify and resolve those challenges or will recommend alternative supplier and/or components. Conducting detailed supplier analyses, including capability studies for prototyping to production, total cost analysis by commodity, cost of quality trends, the Component Engineer will spearhead the process of developing and managing supplier relationships and cost improvement efforts. An essential element of this role will be to lead structured problem solving teams to proactively promote and contribute to continuous supplier improvement and a lower total cost solution within the supply chain. This position also requires the ability to work on Defense and Satellite programs subject to ITAR regulations, therefore candidates must be a U.S. Citizen or a U.S. Permanent Resident (‘Green Card’).
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review customer purchase orders and specifications, change requests and contracts to ensure that the necessary criteria and provisions are included in supplier selection and supply chain process plans
- Participate in NCMR failure analysis activities, drive Corrective Actions when appropriate, and ensure company requirements are adequately addressed within the supply base
- Actively participate in researching second sourcing of electronic components and die to minimize impact from raw material life cycle trends such as obsolete material notifications, minimum buys, or custom material price increase
- Lead new supplier identification and selection activities, including structuring requirements; generation of RFQs for review of proposals, cost value analysis of suppliers' products and/or services and communication of comparative results back to the organization
- Participate in supplier failure analysis activities, assist with /drive Corrective Actions when appropriate and motivate supplier ongoing compliance
- Support prototype and Engineering Method qualification activities to ensure the supplier will be able to meet the company’s requirements and specifications
- Participate in new supplier audit activities to ensure the supply base has robust process controls and capabilities to meet all existing and future company requirements both from the business perspective as well as quality
- Provide technical support to the project engineering teams regarding supplier interfaces, incoming inspection criteria, and assist with supplier corrective action activities when required
- Negotiate initial pricing on projects and new product activities as required providing timely analysis and feedback to the project teams
- Interface with supplier engineering and quality representatives concerning problems with quality and assure that effective and timely corrective action is implemented
- Ensure adequate FAI and ongoing inspection plans are in place well in advance of product arriving
- Drive for correlation between Anaren measurement techniques and suppliers emphasizing improved quality and cost
- Research, provide, and maintain technology road maps from suppliers throughout the organization
- Comply with and support company policies and programs regarding safety, security, ISO, EEO, OSHA and Anti-Kick Back
- Ensure suppliers have adequate disaster recovery plans or Anaren has proper strategies in place to mitigate continuity of supply
- Detailed knowledge of the global electronics market, including fab, test packaging and distribution operations, is required
- Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills, including effective communications; able to identify and negotiate win/win outcome
- Excellent problem solving ability
- Broad knowledge of theory and application of statistics and statistical process control
- Willingness to travel (position requires greater than 25% travel)
- In-depth knowledge of quality systems, policies and procedures and the ability to apply that knowledge to the interpretation of customer and supplier requirements
- Able to tolerate stress and maintain effectiveness in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- Requires exceptional verbal and written communication skills
Education: Bachelor of Science Degree - Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
Experience: 6+ years of relevant experience required. Including detailed knowledge of the global electronics market, including fab, test packaging and distribution operations. Experience with integrated die sourcing, wafer lot selection and wafer lot qualification is highly desired. Familiarity with quality systems, including ISO-9001 and AS9100, as well as IPC knowledge is required.
This position also requires the ability to work on Defense and Satellite programs subject to ITAR regulations, therefore candidates must be a U.S. Citizen or a U.S. Permanent Resident (‘Green Card’).
Anaren is a VEVRAA/Federal Contractor and EEO/AA Employer, including disabled and veterans.