Production Waste Water Treatment Technician, NIGHT SHIFT
To process manufacturing rinse waters and plating waste in accordance with RCRA regulations and parameters established by the Littleton/Englewood industrial wastewater discharge permit. Responsibility varies by level.
The hours for this position will be Monday - Friday nights 11 PM - 7:30 AM. Must be available to participate in every other Sunday night rotating overtime coverage schedule. Must be able to train on day shift (7 AM - 3:30 PM) for first four weeks.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operation and maintenance of Trionetics Ion Exchange System
- Monitoring of Trionetics system performance using Atomic Adsorption
- Operation of RotaCat electrowinning system for Cu recovery from IX regeneration solution
- Operation of chelated metals removal ion exchange system
- Change out of ion exchange resin
- Batch precipitation and filtration of plating waste
- Operation, cleaning and filter cloth replacement of a J-Press plate & frame filter press
- Receipt and storage of waste treatment process chemicals
- Proper handling of hazardous waste per RCRA regulations and as outlined in departmental work instructions
- Preparation of waste for shipment, according to RCRA regulations (labeling, manifests, etc.)
- Discharge sample collection and shipment to lab for wastewater discharge compliance
- Preventive Maintenance – calibration of Signet pH and ORP sensors, pneumatic pumps, magnetic drive pumps, metering pumps
- Chemical make-up of reagent tanks
- Inspection of wastewater collection system, tanks and sumps
- Paperwork – Operator’s Log, labeling, manifests, materials requisition
- Maintenance of a clean work environment
- Able to communicate fluently (read, write, and speak) in English
- Able to understand and follow daily work direction and process instructions from supervisor or other qualified person in English
- Ability to understand and follow posted procedures
- Ability to understand and follow all safety codes
- Familiarity with water and/or wastewater treatment methods and regulations
- Ability to lift up to 50-60 lbs. and work in noisy environment (hearing protection provided)
- Ability to work in chemical environments
- Ability to stand on feet for 8 hours
- Meet all safety requirements for performing duties
*Unicircuit is a drug-free facility. All candidates must be able to pass a drug test.
Experience: 0-2 Years Relevant Experience. Wastewater treatment experience preferred. Electroplating or printed circuit board manufacturing experience helpful, but not required. Certifications or licenses in waste treatment or handling of hazardous waste a plus. Refer to job level section for additional callouts for in experience.
Must be eligible to work on defense and satellite programs subject to ITAR Regulations. Therefore, candidates must be a U.S. Citizen or a U.S. Permanent Resident ('Green Card').
Unicircuit is a VEVRAA/Federal Contractor and EEO/AA Employer, including disabled and veterans.