Mechanical Engineer I
Design, analyze and perform qualification testing of new or revised designs. Responsible for working in a multi-discipline team to assist the mechanical design efforts on catalog products. Interface with customer, specification review, identification of critical features and risk items, detailing the required level of analysis and risk reduction strategy, initial drawing for project definition with the customer, mechanical design and review work of designers/detailers, perform detailed analysis as required, support product qualification efforts and participate in component verification (First Article Inspection).
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design experiments, analyze data and conduct structured problem solving
- Provide assistance to Sr. Mechanical designer on design issues
- Support manufacturing process to improve manufacturability
- Review spec requirements from customers
- Create formal design and analysis (thermal structural analysis)
- Work concurrently with designers to refine design for manufacturability and machinability
- Generate reports (mechanical analysis reports) for external customers and present to customers at different design phases throughout product development
- Participate in preliminary and critical design review phases of design
- Produce procedural documents for mechanical analysis
- Listen to and understand customer requirements and take prompt, appropriate action that exceeds expectations
- Take personal ownership of internal and external customer issues and follow through to ensure a lasting service impression
- Perform all other related duties as assigned
- Under direct supervision, assist in the design layout and evaluation of mechanical and electro-mechanical designs
- Performs product development activities, including drawing board layout and interpretation, implementation of customer specifications and documentation requirements
- Provides existing product line support in design activities or of hardware in production
- Conducts engineering studies and may assign work to technical drafting staff
- Familiar with 3D modeling and FEA packages
- Ability to learn thermal, structural, and vibration analysis
- Ability to design experiments, analyze the data and perform structured problem solving
- Ability to interface with customers, process engineering and work effectively in a cross functional team
- Must possess strong written communication skills to document technical specifications
- Strong critical thinking and research skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
Education: Bachelor Degree - Mechanical Engineering.
Experience: 0-2 Years Relevant Experience.
This position also requires the ability to work on Defense and Satellite programs subject to ITAR regulations, therefore candidates must be a U.S. Citizen or a U.S. Permanent Resident (‘Green Card’).
Anaren is a VEVRAA/Federal Contractor and EEO/AA Employer, including disabled and veterans.