The Planning Manager oversees and creates the Master Production Schedule, supports the execution of the schedule through the Production Planning team and provides accurate forecasting of the business revenue. This individual maintains a Master Production Schedule that will meet or exceed the customer’s requirements and supports internal working capital goals. The Planning Manager will own the master data accuracy and procedures for the scheduling and planning functions (lead times, planning factors, order policy codes, lots sizes etc.). The ideal candidate will be APICS certified, initiate and spearhead continuous improvement projects while leading the production planning team to the successful accomplishment of company goals and individual career development.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide department leadership with a focus on efficient advanced planning and staff development
- Create and maintain the master production schedule from customer orders, forecast, plant capacity, historical data, and other department inputs
- Assure the execution of the master production schedule through the planning function
- Directly supervise a team of Production Planners and a Master Scheduler
- Provide high level expertise of the ERP system- champion master data integrity within the scheduling/planning function
- Provide input to the revenue planning process
- Identify areas for improvement and lead Continuous Improvement projects
- Create and maintain metrics to track department performance
- Significant experience in scheduling and planning in a MRP environment – high and low volume, high mix environment; includes a comprehensive understanding of ERP systems, master data, and related functions
- Solid understanding of inventory control systems
- Strong analytical skills
- Solid MS Office skills and knowledge including strong Excel skills
- Data acquisition skills; experience with MS query or MS Access
- Exceptional interpersonal skills – ability to work with a broad range of functions and levels
- Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and coordinate continuous improvement projects that utilize methods and techniques such as: SPC, 5S, Standardized Work, Fishbone Diagrams, Kanban, JIT, and Kaizen
- Ability to lead improvement initiatives and mentor others in the effective application of quantitative/structured problem solving techniques and methods
Bachelor of Science Degree - Supply Chain, Business or Engineering
8+ years of relevant experience is required
APICS and Six Sigma Certification is preferred
Must be eligible to work on defense and other programs subject to ITAR regulations. Candidates must be a U.S. Citizen or a U.S. Permanent Resident (Green Card); Ability to obtain security clearance.
Anaren is a VEVRAA/Federal Contractor and EEO/AA Employer, including disabled and veterans.