Senior Production Planner
The Senior Production Planner is responsible for supporting the execution of the master production schedule. This includes working with Project Engineering, Manufacturing Management, Master Scheduling, and Inventory Control. Support development activities, new product launch, manufacturing, and monitor complex programs.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support new product introduction – Assure accuracy of bill of material structure, routings, and other required master data
- Work with Manufacturing and Inventory Control to set up manufacturing lines, replenishment strategies and planning factors to optimize product flow.
- Support complex development projects
- Lead Continuous Improvement projects
- Assist in the development of new processes and procedures
- Responsible for oversight of material disposition of ECN/RCN’s
- Train Planners and Material Coordinators
- Perform and coordinate through others, production planning activities to assure manufacturing orders start on time, monitor progress, and support where needed.
- Communicate all component shortages and coordinate as necessary with Purchasing, Incoming Inspection, Manufacturing and Master Scheduling.
- Release manufacturing orders and create shop packets
- Work with Manufacturing to monitor and report work flow.
- Maintain manufacturing orders – date changes, deviations, splits and order closeout
- Coordinate shipment of completed product
- Communicate master schedule issues and required changes
- Support cycle counting, inventory accuracy and slow moving WIP review
- Support configuration control to ensure proper documentation of parts
- Support continuous process improvement activities in support of department goals and objectives
- Provide input to and prepare status reports of materials
- Work to develop customer relationships through collaboration, respect, professionalism, trust and integrity
- Comply with and support company policies and programs regarding safety, security, ISO, EEO, OSHA and the Code of Ethics and Business Conduct
- Perform all other related duties as assigned
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with automated ERP system
- Thorough understanding of MRP and planning process
- Strong computer skills; specifically with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Lean Manufacturing experience
- Must have the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Must have the ability to work across functional areas
Education: Bachelors Degree - Business, Accounting or related field. APICS certification a plus.
Experience: 3-5 Years Relevant Experience.
Anaren is a VEVRAA/Federal Contractor and EEO/AA Employer, including disabled and veterans.