Supply Chain Engineer Co-op
We are looking to hire a Supply Chain Engineering Co-op or Intern for our expanding and fast-paced business.
- Are you currently pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Engineering Management looking for hands-on experience as a Co-op or Intern?
- Do you enjoy the technical aspects of engineering as well as the business aspects of procurement/supply chain?
- Are you interested in evaluating costs, cost trends and cost improvements?
- How are your negotiation skills? Do you enjoy negotiating to ultimately achieve a win/win solution?
If so, then we need to talk. . . Apply directly and become part of the Anaren team.
The Supply Chain Engineering Co-op/Intern will assist in the supplier selection activities throughout the supply base, through the development and implementation of new supply chain processes, systems, procedures and methods. This is a great opportunity for an Engineering student to gain hands-on and extensive experience with an award-winning organization. This individual will conduct detailed supplier analyses including capability studies for prototyping to production, total cost analysis by commodity, cost of quality trends, assist in developing and managing supplier relationships, and cost improvement efforts. This position will require leadership on structured problem solving teams to proactively promote and contribute to continuous supplier improvement and a lower total cost solution within the supply chain. Must be eligible to work on defense and satellite programs subject to ITAR Regulations. Therefore, candidates must be a U.S. Citizen or a U.S. Permanent Resident ('Green Card').
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review customer purchase orders and specifications, change requests and contracts to ensure that the necessary criteria and provisions are included in supplier selection and supply chain process plans
- Participate in NCMR failure analysis activities, drive Corrective Actions when appropriate, and ensure company requirements are adequately addressed within the supply base
- Participate in supplier failure analysis activities, assist with /drive Corrective Actions when appropriate and motivate supplier ongoing compliance
- Support prototype and Engineering Method qualification activities to ensure the supplier will be able to meet the company’s requirements and specifications
- Participate in new supplier audit activities to ensure the supply base has robust process controls and capabilities to meet all existing and future company requirements both from the business perspective as well as quality
- Provide technical support to the project engineering teams regarding supplier interfaces, incoming inspection criteria, and assist with supplier corrective action activities when required
- Interface with supplier engineering and quality representatives concerning problems with quality and assure that effective and timely corrective action is implemented
- Negotiate initial pricing on projects and new product activities as required providing timely analysis and feedback to the project teams
- Review inventory, scrap, and open orders to determine the total cost of ownership with the supplier and make recommendations to processes, procedures, etc. to reduce the total cost model for the company
- Research, provide, and maintain technology road maps from suppliers throughout the organization
- Comply with and support company policies and programs regarding safety, security, ISO, EEO, OSHA and Anti-Kick Back
- Perform all other related duties and assignments as assigned
- Drive for correlation between Anaren measurement techniques and suppliers emphasizing improved quality and cost
- Ensure adequate FAI and ongoing inspection plans are in place well in advance of product arriving
- Ensure suppliers have adequate disaster recovery plans or Anaren has proper strategies in place to mitigate continuity of supply
- Excellent problem solving ability
- Highly developed skills in oral and written communications
- Broad knowledge of theory and principles of statistics and statistical process control
- Diverse knowledge of inspection control methods, techniques and documentation
- Competence in performing root cause analysis
- Willingness to travel - position requires greater than 25% travel
- In depth knowledge of quality systems, policies and procedures and the ability to apply that knowledge to the interpretation of customer and supplier requirements
- Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
Education: Pursuing Bachelor's Degree in Electrical/Engineering Management/Mechanical Technology/Manufacturing/Industrial Engineering
Must be eligible to work on defense and satellite programs subject to ITAR Regulations. Therefore, candidates must be a U.S. Citizen or a U.S. Permanent Resident ('Green Card')
Anaren is a VEVRAA/Federal Contractor and EEO/AA Employer, including disabled and veterans.