AIR Development Tools
In keeping with the our goal of making Anaren Integrated Radio (AIR) modules as easy to work with as possible, we are pleased to offer you a range of development tools specifically designed to help you experiment with, design, develop, and test end-products incorporating AIR technology. Since AIR modules are based on Texas Instruments renowned, low-power RF chips -- and ideally suited to support MSP430-based designs -- several of these tools are designed to work with TI development kits you may already own or use on a day-to-day basis. In other cases, Anaren has developed its own proprietary tools. Either way, we hope you will take full advantage these assets to speed your product-design process!
Get started with Anaren's premier IoT development platform with Anaren Atmosphere. Supporting many development kits such as Bluetooth Smart and Wi-Fi, this is a robust set of tools, an active developer community and a time & money saving kickstarter for any IoT project.
Atmosphere has a great community of developers and experts who are always willing to answer your questions.
Use the Atmosphere wiki to delve into a wealth of knowledge about the platform and hardware, from useful tutorials and examples to highly detailed technical documents.
You can always reach us via our contact form for questions and information about the platform, sales, custom solutions, or anything else.
AIR-module BoosterPacks are test boards pre-populated with your AIR module of choice -- and ready to plug and play into the popular Texas Instruments LaunchPad development environment.
- CC110L-based AIR BoosterPack kit introduced December, 2011 and available exclusively through TI's e-store
- CC2530 BoosterPack for ZigBee Standard applications, featuring AIR module A2530x24xxx. Note: This BoosterPack kit works with TI's MSP430 or TiVA-C LaunchPad kits.
EZ4x target boards are 19.7 x 34.5mm circuit boards pre-equipped with AIR modules and ready to work in the context of TI's popular EZ430-RF2500 development kit. Simply swap out the target boards supplied with that kit, and you are ready to begin trying AIR out in all sorts of scenerios.
- Assuming that you already have access to TI's EZ430-RF2500 development kit... Select the AIR module you wish to work with and evaluate (eg: our A1101R04A AIR module for 433MHz)
- Visit the product page for that module in order to ascertain if EZ4x target boards are available for that module. (Eg: A1101R04A-EZ)
- Contact your AIR distributor of choice to obtain your EZ4x target boards, being sure that you secure at least TWO EZ4x target boards (an "A" part to act as the "access point" or hub in your application and an "E" part to act as the "end point").
- For more complete information on a specific EZ4x target board, be sure to download its product brief by clicking on the part number or docs links in our product table. You may also download this "how to" flyer.
Other useful links for our EZ4x Target Boards:
- How to set up & use Anaren's EZ430 Target Boards (flyer)
- AIR EZ4x Development Module schematic diagram (PDF)
- TI's web page for the EZ430-RF2500
- TI's web page for the Sensor Monitor Demo
- IAR's Embedded Workbench Kickstart Version
- Code Composer Studio (CCStudio) Integrated Development Environment (IDE) v4.x
- eZ430-RF2500 Development Tool User’s Guide
- PC software/GUI + MSP430 UART Driver for the EZ430 RF2500 (Zip file)
- TI’s Simpliciti Overview
- Eagle Files for Ez430
EM boards are 38 x 28.6mm circuit boards pre-equipped with AIR modules and ready to work in the context of TI's popular CC-1101 DK and CC2500 DK development kits. Each board has bottom-mounted, standardized connectors that literally enable you to 'snap' your AIR EM board into your DK kit and get started.
Assuming that you already have access to one of TI's DK development kits... Select the AIR module you wish to work with and evaluate (eg: our A2500R24C for 2.4GHz)
Visit the product page for that module in order to ascertain if EM target boards are available for that module. (Eg: A2500R24C-EM)
Contact your AIR distributor of choice to obtain your EM boards.
For more complete information on a specific EM board, be sure to download its product brief by clicking on the part number or docs links in our product table.