AIR for Wireless Audio
The AIR module family includes a CD-quality, wireless audio solution incorporating the Texas Instruments CC8520 PurePath audio wireless radio SoC, CC2591 range extender, and an integral antenna. Packaged to afford you the industry's smallest package (only 11x19x 2.5mm), the A8520E24A91 is an FCC- and IC-certified, ETSI-compliant radio module designed for effortless integration into a wide range of RF applications.
The A8520E24A91 is a high-performance, FCC & IC certified and ETSI compliant audio module based on the Texas Instruments CC8520 transceiver and CC2591 range extender in the industry’s smallest package (11x19x2.5mm).
The module incorporates the required RF matching and filtering, crystal, integral antenna, and digital line filtering for good noise reduction and sensitivity. The result is quick low power wireless connectivity without having to deal with extensive protocol, RF, antenna design and regulatory compliance, providing quick time to market.
- Operates in the 2.4GHz ISM band
- FCC, IC and ETSI compliant, shielded package
- Un-compressed wireless audio connectivity
- Pre-defined protocol
- PC-based configurable human interface
- Autonomous or host mode operation
- Integral antenna
- Integral range extender
- 87dBm sensitivity
- 20dBm output power
- Exceptional range: (>150M line-of-sight // typical 30m indoor)
- Co-existence with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth systems
- 78mA master current consumption
- 36mA slave current consumption
For features and specifications of the module and development board, view that product's documentation.
- Minimal RF engineering experience necessary
- No additional “Intentional Radiator” certification required (FCC CFR 47 Part 15, IC RSS-210)
- Operating temperature –40 to +85C
- 100% RF tested in production
- No protocol experience required
- Easily implemented on a two layer PCB
- Consumer audio
- Digital audio
- Portable audio
- Professional audio
AIR Certification Requirements Guide
Looking to integrate AIR modules into your product? View our guide on ETSI requirements to ensure you meet all certification needs.
Scroll horizontally to see the rest of the table data.
|Part No.||Order||Documents||Frequency (GHz)||Power (W)||Size (In/mm)||Use||Antenna Type||Regulatory Approval||Packaging (qty)||Additional Functon(s)|
|A8520E24A91||Buy||2.4 - 2.4835||0||11 x 19 mm||Production||Integral||FCC, IC||Reel (500), Tray (27)||Incl CC8520 SoC; CC2591 range ext|
|A8520E24A91-EM2||Buy||2.4 - 2.4835||0||28.5 x 38 mm||Development (TI Dev Kit)||Integral||FCC, IC||Tray (1)||Incl CC8520 SoC; CC2591 range ext|
Select an option to view additional wireless transceivers in the AIR family of products.