AIR for Bluetooth Low Energy
Anaren offers a range of low power RF transceiver modules for wireless solutions developers worldwide that leverage Texas Instruments silicon and extensive suite of software development tools. Anaren AIR modules offer the best performance-to-size ratio in the industry. Based on the Texas Instruments CC2541 chipset, our Bluetooth Low Energy modules allow customers to easily add BLE connectivity to their products. Harnessing elite processing and memory while fitting on a tiny footprint, these modules provide the best design flexibility available. On top of that, these modules are 100% radio frequency tested in production and are FCC/IC certified, saving you from those expensive costs and fast-tracking you towards deployment.
The A2541x24* is a high-performance radio module that incorporates the Texas Instruments CC2541 SOC, either with a CC2590 Range Extender (A2541E24x) or without a range extender (A2541R24x). Pre-certified to FCC/IC, this module also includes either an integral antenna (24A) or a connector (24C) that accepts a U.FL monopole antenna, all in one of the industry’s smallest package: 11x19x2.5mm.
* The commodity classification for the A2541R24x10 and A2541R24x20 modules is: 5A992a per CCATS G152766. This is a non-restrictive classification, requiring a license for only Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria.
- 2.4-GHz RF transceiver incorporating Bluetooth Smart technology
- Excellent receiver sensitivity and robustness to interference (-92dBm average in HGM mode with <1% PER)
- Programmable output power up to +8dBm
- Supports data rates up to 2 Mbps
- Wide input voltage range (2.0V – 3.6V)
- Available in tape and reel and matrix tray
- Module weight approximately 0.7 grams
- Current consumption: (Typ @ TC = 25°C, VDD = 3.0V)
- Active mode RX (CPU Idle): 23 mA
- Active mode TX (CPU Idle): 38 mA @7.5dBm, with
- 3 low power/sleep modes from 0.5uA to 270 uA
- High-performance and low-power 8051
- Microcontroller core with code prefetch
- 256KB in-system programmable flash and 8KB RAM with retention in all power modes
For features and specifications of each module and development board, view that product's documentation.
- 100% RF tested in production for repeatable performance
- Minimal RF and protocol experience necessary
- Only requires a two-layer host PCB implementation
- No additional harmonic filtering required
- No regulatory intentional radiator testing required
- FCC 15.247, IC RSS-210, and IC RSS-Gen certified
- RoHS compliant
- Available in packaging of 36-piece matrix trays or 500 piece tape and reel for high-volume automated manufacturing
- No additional DC decoupling required
- Accurate digital RSSI support
- Industrial controls and monitoring
- Remote controls
- Home and building automation
- Lighting systems
- Low power wireless sensor networks
- Health and wellness
- Sports monitoring
- Consumer electronics
AIR Certification Requirements Guide
Looking to integrate AIR modules into your product? View our guide on ETSI requirements to ensure you meet all certification needs.
Scroll horizontally to see the rest of the table data.
|Part No.||Order||Documents||Frequency (GHz)||Size (In/mm)||Use||Antenna Type||Regulatory Approval||Packaging (qty)||Additional Functon(s)|
|A2541E24A||Buy|| ||2.4 - 2.4835||11 x 19 mm||Production||Integral||FCC, IC, and other global locations||Reel (500), Tray (27)||Range Extender|
|A2541E24C||Buy|| ||2.4 - 2.4835||11 x 19 mm||Production||Connector||FCC, IC, and other global locations||Reel (500), Tray (27)||Range Extender|
|A2541R24A||Buy|| ||2.4 - 2.4835||11 x 19 mm||Production||Integrated||FCC, IC, and other global locations||Reel (500), Tray (27)||(No Range Extender)|
|A2541R24C||Buy|| ||2.4 - 2.4835||11 x 19 mm||Production||Connector||FCC, IC, and other global locations||Reel (500), Tray (27)||(No Range Extender)|
Select an option to view additional wireless transceivers in the AIR family of products.