Sr. Process Engineer
The Process Engineer II will develop and execute process technology strategies that align with the product line road maps. This Engineer will lead in efforts involving concurrent design for manufacturability and bring new and alternative process technologies to the organization.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Deploy best practice principles to design and process modernization
- Lead assembly teams in meeting customer quality and delivery requirements
- Support customer and internal design reviews to ensure compatibility of processing techniques
- Identify and resolve manufacturing problems while maintaining quality standards through engineering methodology, data collection and analysis of statistical metrics
- Participate and on occasion, lead in continuous improvement training and activities such as Kaizen and 5S teams
- Develop, document, maintain and standardize production floor processes and procedures to facilitate production
- Lead capital and automation project efforts which will resolve production and technology capability issues including market analysis, selection, procurement justification and implementation
- Organize and manage multiple projects & tasks to assure high quality and timely service to all internal and external customers
- Comply with and support all department and corporate policies and procedures, included but not limited to safety, security, ESD and OSHA guidelines
- Recommends and prepares changes, additions, and modifications which will facilitate manufacturing
- Reviews product requirements with design staff to ensure compatibility of processing techniques
- Capability for designing and analyzing experiments utilizing statistical tools and methods
- Experience with SST vacuum/pressure re-flow systems or similar
- Experience with vacuum/pressure flux-free soldering, brazing, annealing and glass sealing of components and packages
- Working knowledge of mil 883 standard
- Strong knowledge with GD & T: experience with precision graphite machining design
- Ability to interface with customers and deal with difficult issues
- Ability to lead teams, communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
- Capital equipment and/or automation experience
- Strong project management, structured problem solving, data analysis and computer skills
- Ability to teach and train others as required in the organization
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including ability to lead cross-functional teams
Education: Bachelor of Science Degree - Engineering.
Experience: 3 - 5 years of relevant experience in mechanical process development, manufacturing engineering support or mechanical engineering field.
Must be eligible to work on defense and other programs subject to ITAR regulations. Therefore, candidates must be a U.S. Citizen or a U.S. Permanent Resident (Green Card).
Anaren is a VEVRAA/Federal Contractor and EEO/AA Employer, including disabled and veterans.