Senior Production Planner
We are looking to hire a Senior Production Planner for our growing and fast-paced business.
- Do you have experience in supporting the execution of a master production schedule in a manufacturing environment?
- Have you worked with MRP systems and have a broad knowledge of supply chain processes and inventory systems?
- Do you enjoy working cross functionally throughout the organization?
- Are you detail-oriented and multi-tasking is one of your strengths?
If so, then we need to talk. . . Apply directly and become part of our team.
The Senior Production Planner is responsible for supporting the planning and execution of the master production schedule and ensuring that the schedule is followed. This includes working with Project Engineering, Manufacturing Management, Master Scheduling, and Inventory Control. He/She will support development activities, new product launch, manufacturing and monitor complex programs. The ideal candidate is APICS certified. Must be eligible to work on defense and other programs subject to ITAR regulations. Candidates must be a U.S. Citizen or a U.S. Permanent Resident (Green Card).
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support new product introduction; assure accuracy of bill of material structure, routings, and other required master data
- Support complex development projects
- Lead Continuous Improvement projects
- Assist in the development of new processes and procedures
- Responsible for oversight of material disposition of ECN/RCN’s
- Train Planners and Material Coordinators
- Perform and coordinate, through others, production planning activities to assure manufacturing orders start on time, monitor progress, and support where needed
- Communicate all component shortages and coordinate as necessary with Purchasing, Incoming Inspection, Manufacturing and Master Scheduling
- Release manufacturing orders and create shop packets
- Work with Manufacturing to monitor and report work flow
- Maintain manufacturing orders – date changes, deviations, splits and order closeout
- Work with Manufacturing and Inventory Control to set up manufacturing lines, replenishment strategies and planning factors to optimize product flow
- Coordinate shipment of completed product
- Communicate master schedule issues and required changes
- Support development activities, new product launch, manufacturing, and monitor complex programs
- Assist in cycle counting, inventory accuracy and slow moving WIP review
- Support configuration control to ensure proper documentation of parts
- Reinforce continuous process improvement activities in support of department goals and objectives
- Provide input to and prepare status reports of materials
- Work to develop customer relationships through collaboration, respect, professionalism, trust and integrity
- Comply with and support company policies and programs regarding safety, security, ISO, EEO, OSHA and the Code of Ethics and Business Conduct
- Perform all other related duties as assigned
- Proven and exceptional experience in production planning
- Thorough understanding of MRP and planning process
- Experience with automated ERP system
- Solid computer skills; specifically with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Lean Manufacturing experience
- Extraordinary organization skills and management of multiple priorities
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work across functional areas
Education: Bachelor of Science Degree – Supply Chain Management, Business, Accounting or related field; APICS certification a plus
Experience: 3 – 5 years of relevant experience
Must be eligible to work on defense and other programs subject to ITAR regulations. Candidates must be a U.S. Citizen or a U.S. Permanent Resident (Green Card).
Anaren is a VEVRAA/Federal Contractor and EEO/AA Employer, including disabled and veterans.