RF/Microwave Eng. I
Responsible for learning and assisting with the design of RF and microwave circuits. Under direct supervision, performs design and simulation of components/circuits from a specification.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work independently or within a team environment to meet project schedules
- Design and evaluate components and lay-out design using available design and layout tools
- Prepare and present presentation for preliminary design review, performance of simulated model and tolerances
- Design, and evaluate test circuits correlating expected performance with test results, presenting results
- Work with RF engineering to understand basic microwave component theory and practical realization
- Review artwork before designs are built
- Work with interns, test engineering, and engineering technicians on specific program tasks including test procedures development, test station development and data reduction software
- Evaluate data related to test results and work with the team to implement changes to meet requirements
- Provide support once design is in production
- Provide reports to engineering on component evaluations
- Perform all other related duties as assigned
- A basic understanding and strong interest of microwave theory
- Ability to design experiments, analyze the data and conduct structured problem solving
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills to document technical specifications and prepare application notes
- Basic understanding of AutoCAD, HFSS, and other circuit simulation and modeling tools
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Strong time management skills
- Strong computer skills, specifically Excel, PowerPoint, and Matlab
- Actively pursues opportunities to expand job-related knowledge
- Able to juggle multiple tasks and make quality decisions without negative impact on others
- Executes on program plans and priorities, identifies obstacles and issues and communicates to achieve resolution for assigned tasks
- Participates and works well with a cross-functional team to achieve desired results
- Must have the ability to effectively convey pertinent information verbally and in writing to others in a constructive manner
- Resolves routine issues and escalates other issues to the appropriate individual in a timely manner
- Ability to work effectively in a cross functional team environment, limited to no customer interface
Education: Masters Degree - Electrical Engineering.
Experience: 0-2 Years Relevant Experience.
Anaren is a VEVRAA/Federal Contractor and EEO/AA Employer, including disabled and veterans.