Quality Assurance Engineer
Working under the general supervision of the Quality Assurance Manager, this position has a broad scope of responsibility for performing complex tasks. The Quality Assurance Engineer is responsible for supporting quality assurance and quality system activities throughout the organization, providing leadership on structured problem solving teams and to proactively promote and contribute to a culture of continuous improvement and customer satisfaction.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review customer and product specifications (incoming parts and manufactured items) and implement inspection plans as necessary to ensure customer and product requirements are met
- Contact customer representatives to resolve quality problems
- Participate in NCMR failure analysis activities, initiate Corrective Actions when appropriate, and ensure customer requirements are adequately addressed
- Participate and lead customer returns failure analysis, initiate Corrective Actions when appropriate and generate failure analysis reports for the customer when required
- Participate and lead internal or supplier quality system audits
- Provide technical support to incoming inspection, generate incoming inspection plans and initiate supplier corrective action activities when required
- Participate in / lead customer surveys, audits, and source inspections as required
- Identify quality system improvements and lead structured team activities to implement those improvements
- Provide training and support to the rest of the organization on the quality system, quality tools (pareto charts, SPC, structured problem solving, etc.) and related topics
- Perform reliability / MTBF analysis on new product designs as well as statistical analysis of pre-production and production ready products
- Comply with and actively support company safety, OSHA, and equal opportunity policies and procedures
- Working knowledge of ISO9001 and/or similar quality systems
- CQE or other ASQ certifications desirable
Experience: 3-5 years of relevant experience in quality or manufacturing engineering in an electronics manufacturing environment.
Must be eligible to work on defense and satellite programs subject to ITAR Regulations. Therefore, candidates must be U.S. Citizens or U.S. Permanent Residents ("Green Card").
Anaren/Unicircuit is a VEVRAA/Federal Contractor and EEO/AA Employer, including disabled and veterans.