Unparalleled Innovations in Thick Film Ceramics
Anaren provides proven thick film experience and a deep capability set, and has long been a leading manufacturer and innovator of high-quality ceramic technology to support customers in the automotive, industrial, medical, and telecommunications markets. Leveraging over 50 years of experience, we offer high-tolerance, high-performance, and high-complexity custom circuits leveraging thick film processing, and bring engineering expertise, innovative thinking, and world-class capabilities and solutions to your project.
Our ceramics manufacturing facility, world class design facility and staff, provide robust engineering support, deep investments in the latest manufacturing capabilities, experience meeting and exceeding your extremely sophisticated and innovative packaging requirements, and adherence to strict quality and customer service standards. Whether your priority is tight tolerances, design flexibility, a range of material choices, or cost containment, we have the capabilities to deliver on spec, on time, and on budget.
Looking for Custom Ceramic Substrates?
If you're interested in custom and collaborative based ceramic design solutions, we can work with you to design your products to meet your needs. Contact us to request a quote or sample today.
Turnkey Thick Film Solutions
We provide turnkey thick film solutions up to 80 GHz employing a wide range of material choices, design options, processes and manufacturing techniques. Our range of thick film applications experience includes:
- Multi-layer circuit boards
- Multi-chip assemblies
- Patch antennas
- Spiral inductors
- Diode mounts
- Distribution boards
- Circuit boards with integrated passives
Ceramic Design Guidelines
Read our design guide for deeper insight into Anaren's ceramic design capabilities and how we can innovate your next project.
Expansive Design Flexibility
Anaren offers enormous design flexibility in terms of materials, circuit layout, embedded or non-embedded components, manufacturing techniques, and more.
- Sequentially applied layers of alternating conductor and dielectric to build up the multi-layer structure, affording you from one to eight conductor layers per side (single- or double-sided)
- Multiple sizes available starting at 0.020 x 0.020”
- Advanced laser machining capability for various shapes and cut-outs
- Wide resistance ranges from 0.2Ω to 50GΩ
- Multiple termination materials, including: Au, PdAu, Ag, PdAg
- Tin lead or Au plating available
- RF attenuators also available up to 18GHz
- Integrated passives including resistors, capacitors, and inductors
- Available on alumina, aluminum nitride, BeO, ferrite and more for a wide range of wire bonding, soldering and brazing
- Choose edge wraps, metalized via fills, or both
Ceramics Focused Facility
Housed within a 65,000 sq. ft. ceramics-focused manufacturing and R&D facility, Anaren offers complete etched low temperature co-fired ceramic (LTCC) and thick film/etched thick film services to customers requiring either build-to-print or turnkey design-through-delivery support. This state-of-the-art facility features a 9,100 sq. ft. Class 10,000 clean room, with in-process laser particle monitoring and continuously monitored temperature and humidity. The facility is ISO 9001:2008 certified for the design, production, and testing of thick film resistors, thick film chip attenuators, thick film ceramic substrates, and surface mount assemblies and LTCC. Our on-site, vertically integrated functions include:
- Design-to-spec engineering
- Modeling, simulation, and beta development
- Test development and RF testing
- Full-scale automated/semi-automated production, including automatic printing and diamond sawing, laser trimming, and CO2 laser machining
- Quality control
- Tape-and-reel packaging
- Supplying standard resistive components, with a wide array of format and material choices, including RoHS compliant choices
Contact us for a complete list of our design capabilities and thick film equipment list.